- Knowledge Base & Help Center
- Botkeeper Background: Company History and Leadership
Troubleshooting & Support
Standard Operating Procedures & Policies
- Transaction Categorizations | Basic Services
- Schedule Maintenance with Month End Journal Entry | Basic Services
- Payroll Journal Entries | Basic Services
- Simple Month End Journal Entries | Basic Services
- Bank & Credit Card Reconciliation | Basic Services
- Standard Monthly Report Package
- Month-End Close | Basic Services
- Monthly Close Timing and Required Information
- Autonomous AP Processing | Advanced Services
- Applying Payments to AR Invoices | Advanced Services
- Class & Department or Project/Job Tracking | Advanced Services
- Payroll Categorizations | Advanced Services
- QBO W-9 Form Request | Advanced Services
- 3rd Party Point-of-Sale & Credit Card Merchant | Advanced Services
- Monthly Standard Invoicing | Advanced Services
- Enhanced Ongoing Report Support | Advanced Services
- 3rd Party Inventory Reconciliation | Advanced Services
- Rapid Write Up Procedures
BOS Feature User Guide
Accounting Partner Resources
AI UNCHAINED Conference
When was Botkeeper founded?
Botkeeper got its start in the summer of 2015.
Botkeeper was was incorporated on July 27th, 2015 by a team of entrepreneurs who suffered the same bookkeeping challenges experienced by most small and mid-sized businesses.
We realized the primary issue with bookkeeping was the tedious, manual, and repetitive data entry combined with the lack of meaningful visualization and analytics of important data. Human error, unexpected life events, and a lack of scalability make humans very inefficient at bookkeeping. However, if we could improve this experience with software, we might be able to solve this dilemma. With this in mind, we built the world’s best bookkeeper, or as we like to call it, Botkeeper. A more accurate, more affordable, and highly scalable bot powered bookkeeper that's excellent at automating data entry accurately, 24/7. Software that is exceptional at following rules and accounting policies consistently and precisely. Technology that can visually render unlimited reports, dashboards, and charts that represents the future of bookkeeping as we know it.